So what are the signs?
If the person showed five of these signs for two weeks continuously, he or she is regarded to have major depression (major depressive disorder):
- Feeling sadness, empty or anxious mood for almost every day.
- Lost or declined of interest or happiness toward activities that were once he/she enjoyed.
- Significant loss of body weight and loss of appetite. Or conversely could happen, overeating and overweight.
- Sleep problem or insomnia, over-sleeping, not enough sleep.
- Problem in body movement or psychomotor.
- Feeling tired, fatigue, feeling "slowed down" or sluggish.
- Feeling worthless and guilty for his/her doing.
- Having problem to think, to concentrate or to decide.
- Continuously visualizing death and suicidal feeling.
Dangerous it is. So take caution. Bye and smile always, because a smile can cure depression. :)