According to him, too much means when you start losing something from your life or usual activities as a result of the computer/internet activities. Orzack lists the following among the psychological symptoms or signs of computer addiction:
- Having a sense of well-being or euphoria while at the computer.
- Craving more and more time at the computer.
- Neglect of family and friends.
- Feeling empty, depressed or irritable when not at the computer.
- Lying to employers and family about activities.
- Inability to stop the activity.
- Problems with school or job.
It is okay to spend time on the internet, but don't let other things start to slip away from your life. :)
Techno Hazard: A New Monster in Our Neighborhood and How to Handle Them.