Try to look for these appearances:
- Pale or bluish nails may indicate anaemia
- Try to squeeze you fingernails and look for the returning of original colour, slow returns may be a sign of decreased blood circulation.
- Clubbed nails shape like the back of the spoon could mean cardiopulmonary disease or asthma.
- Spoon shape, or dip inward shape nails, may mean certain types of anaemia or injury.
- Pitted nails, or small hole spots could means psoriasis.
- White nails, liver disease such as hepatitis
- Yellowish, thickened, slow-growing nails, a clue of lung disease.
- Yellowish nails with a slight blush at the base, may be diabetes clue.
- Red nail beds, could be heart disease.
- Irregular red lines at the base of the nail fold, could be lupus or connective tissue disease.
- Dark lines beneath the nail, could be a sign of melanoma.
This points us to how important it is to us to keep our nails healthy, so that we be alert of our own overall health and any potential problem that they shown. Keep your nails clean and healthy, and live well, bye.. :)